It is critical for a program like ours that we receive tuition payments in a timely manner. Tuition is due on the 1st of each month, and you will receive a reminder notice via email that tuition is due. If your tuition is not paid or postmarked by the 15th of each month, you will be charged a late fee of $20.00. If you fall more than one month behind in your tuition payments, your child will not be allowed to attend preschool until all payments are made. Tuition checks may be left in the folder by the children's cubbies or can be mailed to:
Shelter Island Preschool
P.O. Box 1095
Shelter Island Heights, NY 11965
Any Questions or concerns regarding tuition
can be addressed to karena shields at:
As a not-for-profit, the help and cooperation from parents is integral to the success of our school.
Fundraising helps to offset expenses while to keeping tuition at a reasonable level. By helping us write annual appeals/grants to local charitable organizations, participating in fundraisers, or helping with our end-of-year raffle, you are supporting our school, so that we can continue to offer a quality preschool program on Shelter Island! We are also exploring new and fun ways to raise money and awareness for our school. Suggestions are welcome and encouraged!
For over 20 years, our preschool has relied on the volunteer efforts of its parents and community to help maintain the school throughout the year. Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Power-washing playground structures
• Refilling sandboxes at play structure
• Serving as a substitute teacher when the need arises
• Taking part as a class parent to help teachers with class parties, special projects, or field trips
• Joining the preschool board
• Coordinating and organizing fundraisers
• Joining a committee
• Supplying your child's class with a healthy snacks like fresh fruit or vegetables.
• Purchasing much needed supplies for the classroom - see the Giving Tree at the entrance of the classroom for more information.
• Providing help with seasonal playground upkeep.
1. Signed Emergency Contacts sheet.
2. Signed Pick-up Authorization Sheet.
3. Preferred Communication form – if you have not already registered with Connect Ed, please provide your phone number or email.
This is how you will be notified of school closings due to inclement weather.
4. Registration Form.
5. Signed Financial Agreement.
6. Signed Fundraising Commitment form.
7. Signed Volunteer Sign-up Sheet.
8. September Tuition.
9. Materials Fee.
10. Change of clothes sealed in a ziplock bag and labeled with child's name.
11. Extra pull-ups/diapers and wipes if your child is not toilet trained.
12. fresh or dried fruit snacks.